Sunday, June 04, 2006

A little worried :)

Well, I've got to admit that I'm a little worried that we might have more than one "bun in the oven". While my worries aren't totally founded, I just can't seem to shake them! I started showing at around 6 weeks. Ok, I know you typically start showing sooner with second, third, fourth, etc. pregnancies, and Ashlyn WAS only born a year ago so my abs haven't had a chance to fully bounce back, but still...six weeks?! I feel right now like I'm as big as I was at 4 months last time! The other reason I feel like there might be two is that I keep feeling a lot of movement in there. Maybe I'm just remembering what it feels like, but maybe there's two babies dukin' it out! Who knows?! Our pastor talked today on the passage about not worrying about anything but praying about everything, so I know that's what I have to do. God's in control anyway. And maybe it's just my EVIL cousin, Jen, who's been putting these "twin" thoughts in my head ;) I guess we'll find out soon enough. My first appointment is on June 12...it can't come quickly enough for me! Somebody, please just tell me I'm being silly!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I read your post b/c Jeff and I have been wondering the same thing about my pregnancy. I also started showing at 6 weeks (though this is my 4th!), but my doctor said I'm measuring abnormally large so I have an ultrasound this Thurs to check :-). Twins wouldn't be so bad- more people offer to help b/c it seems more overwhelming :-P -Elizabeth

brianandcourt said...

Ok I will tell you you are being silly... though you never know until the doctor can confirm the real answer. However I will tell you that my sister-in-law who is also pregnant, started showing around 6 weeks (this is her second - kyle just turned 2) and she definitely only has a singleton, as they say. And she (and my husband) has twins all over her family tree! So no worries... but secretly I think twins would be a blast!

Anonymous said...

Abby,
Jonathan just passed along to me the wonderful news. Congrats to both of you! I am so excited and a little sad that I won't be around this time to see picks and watch as you "grow" into this pregnancy. As far as the twins...can't give you any advice since I've never had kids myself...but I will remind you as our pastor did this past Sunday...that God doesn't give you anything you can't handle WITH Him. (Sometimes I forget that last part) So cheers to you, Kyle and Ashlyn...and the Mensinks will be praying for you all throughout the process.

Megan Mensink

Anonymous said...

i find it perfectly normal for you to be having these feelings, Abby... although i know it won't take away your anxiety
i've been told by a lot of people in the midst of my circumstances (albeit completely different) to give everything to God as well, but i still manage to struggle with that more than almost anything else. strange how we can believe something to the extent we feel it in our hearts but bringing it to action seems to be where the real challenge lies, at least with me.

-Calvin