I get updates online as to what's going on with the baby at each stage of my pregnancy. Here's the update for this week:
Size Your baby weighs about 2.8 ounces (79 grams) and is about 4 1/2 inches from crown to rump -- roughly the size of a small gerbil.
Development At any time, you will begin to feel fetal movement as your baby's bones harden, and s/he starts a big growth spurt. Your baby has plenty of room: At this point, s/he could fit in the palm of your hand. This is a great time to be a fetus. At any given time, s/he might be playing with the umbilical cord (which s/he's now able to grasp), putting his/her thumb in his/her mouth, or kicking at the amniotic sac.
I'm so anxious to find out the sex of this baby and to be able to start calling him/her by name. We've got our boy name picked out, but can't decide on a girl name. Suggestions are welcome! :)
3 comments:
I'll be there on August 7th as well. My 22 week ultrasound is at 11 and my appt is at 11:30 :-) -Elizabeth
Abbs -
I wish I had suggestions for you for a name, but we are in the same predicament ourselves. I know she's a girl, but we still don't have a name picked out!
mildred, agnes, sophia... the list goes on and on. :)
seriously, i've been partial to courtney for awhile now. no specific reason, just like it.
-Calvin
Post a Comment