
I haven't wasted any time in picking out the decor for Maguire's room! Kyle and I decided on this bedding, although my mom and I will be making it. It'll be just plain black, white and lime...sort of like our kitchen, I guess. No wonder we like this color combo! I'm thinking his bedroom will be painted white with a few small/narrow stripes in black and/or lime to match. Should be fun and stimulating for little Mac, or MJ as Kyle has already taken to calling him :)
A few of you have asked if there's a story or anything behind the name Maguire. Not really. I mean, I liked the name when I was in college and heard it on a TV show (did anybody watch the VERY short-lived "Party of Five" spinoff with Jennifer Love Hewitt called "Time of Your Life"?). And a few years ago, our good friends, Brad & Lisa, named their son Anderson (Anders) Maguire. I, again, really liked the name and told Lisa that we might have to steal it for our son someday. Well, now we get to! Before we knew Ashlyn was a girl, Maguire James was the boy name we had picked out. We still liked it this time around, so that's what we decided on. This time, though, I was so convinced that it was a boy that I couldn't really even stand to think about girl names, so we didn't have even one possibility! Ok, so I guess that's a little bit of a story behind Maguire's (or Mac or MJ) name :)
2 comments:
So cute - where did you find this?!!!
I'll have Brian put some pictures up tonight. He's the blogger expert - I just leave messages. :) Anyway - I was looking for something like this but couldn't find anything. We have black and white too, but her walls are pink. Dora pink - called "Let's think Pink". Her daddy picked it out. He's a sucker for pink now. :)
thanks for the story... MJ is fitting, it's good to know where it originated.
-Calvin
Post a Comment