Saturday, September 29, 2007

Big Girl Bed

We set up Ashlyn's "Big Girl Bed" a few weeks ago. We'd been talking about it with her for a while and finally it was time. Ashlyn does a lot better with change if she's able to help, so we made sure to make her a part of taking down her crib and putting her bed together.


She enjoys telling us where things go!


She likes it!

Ok, I'm all good...you can go now!

The first night Kyle had to stay in the room and in bed with her until she fell asleep. She woke up once in the night and needed me to lay with her for a bit. Then, for her nap the next day Kyle had to lay in bed with her again for a little while. That next night, though, she actually told Kyle to go to his room! Guess it didn't take long for her to get completely used to her "Big Girl Bed"! She's still doing great. She hasn't yet come out of her room. If she wakes up and we haven't come to get her, she looks at books or plays with toys in her room. So far so good!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Pics!

Anonymous said...

looks great! i'm not quite ready to accept that BJ is ready for the BIG BOY BED... yet the fact is it's overdue.

calvin

Angela said...

What an absolute doll! I can't believe that she is already in a big girl bed! Scott just asked me at what age will we think about putting Isabelle in one and I told him, "well my friend Abby just put Ashlyn in her big girl bed and she's 1 year older..." I love looking at Ashlyn and picturing Isabelle one year later...fun,fun,fun. miss you!

C Emrick said...

I hope moving Ella to her "big girl" bed is as easy as it was for Ashlyn. We're hoping to try in January, because we'd really like the crib for baby #2 coming March 1.