We're still at the hospital. Maguire and Kyle had a pretty good night at the hospital. Mac went down pretty well in the "cage" crib. Then when the nurse came in to change the IV he woke up and spent the rest of the night sleeping in the bed with Kyle. Ashlyn and I finally made it down the hospital around 11:45. The swelling is going down slowly but surely. They'd like us to stay another night to make sure that the swelling continues to go down and to continue to administer the antibiotics through his IV. Thankfully they repositioned his IV so that it's more in his forearm and not in the back of his hand. I've had the back-of-the-hand IV's and they hurt like the dickens!
Maguire is in great spirits today! That's a mixed blessing--it's good to see him back to his old crazy-happy-laughing-jumping self, but it makes it hard to keep up with him and keep him from getting wrapped up in his IV tubes. He finally did go down for a nap around 1:15 or so and then woke up a bit and finished his nap on me until around 3:00. Not too bad. Kyle's parents got here a little bit ago and we're just about to order some dinner. When I get a minute I'll upload some pics and update further. Thank you for all the prayers! Things to pray about for now: 1) That Maguire would go to bed and sleep well tonight. 2) That the swelling would go down completely. 3) That no infection would spread to his sinus system.
Praise God he's doing as well as he is!!
4 comments:
Praise God, indeed! Praying....Heather
I am so happy to hear Maguire is doing better! How scary! I am so thankful he is going to be ok! God bless his little heart! We will continue to keep him in our prayers for a quick recovery and return home.
Amy
WOW. Just got this now - Still in prayer for you guys!!! T
Wow, just got to read this today - I am still praying for you guys! ~T
Post a Comment