I get weekly email "updates" from babycenter.com about my kids' development, or at least what *should* be happening at this age/stage. The one I just got for Maguire's age/stage (22 months) cracked me up! If any of you know and have spent any time with Mac recently, this will make you chuckle too :)
"Your toddler can probably hop off the bottom step of a staircase by throwing one foot forward and letting the other follow. But true jumping, where both feet leave the ground at the same time and then land squarely, is a skill that requires excellent balance and may take a few more months to master."
Maguire has been "true jumping" for at least 4 months now and probably more. I know this because at his 18-month check-up the dr. asked me if he could jump and then was surprised when I said he did it all the time. Maguire is seriously a jumping fool! We've often joked that he'd rather jump, run, or gallop from point A to point B than walk. So maybe I'm bragging about how "advanced" Maguire is, but hey--it's my blog! LOL! :)
"Your toddler can probably hop off the bottom step of a staircase by throwing one foot forward and letting the other follow. But true jumping, where both feet leave the ground at the same time and then land squarely, is a skill that requires excellent balance and may take a few more months to master."
Maguire has been "true jumping" for at least 4 months now and probably more. I know this because at his 18-month check-up the dr. asked me if he could jump and then was surprised when I said he did it all the time. Maguire is seriously a jumping fool! We've often joked that he'd rather jump, run, or gallop from point A to point B than walk. So maybe I'm bragging about how "advanced" Maguire is, but hey--it's my blog! LOL! :)
2 comments:
Maguire and Katie would get along great! She was early jumper too and just bounces and jumps everywhere.Of course we have had her on the trampoline since she was one and she has always loved jumping and galloping all over!
Isn't it fun to watch!!
Brag away, I think it is cool! And I have always been proud of Katie for this and felt good when the neighbors would be amazing at her early balance! (:
This made me giggle, mainly because I didn't know baby center kept sending updates after the baby is born! I love hearing what type of produce I have growing inside me, and look forward to the updates every week. Glad to know they'll keep coming!
Post a Comment