Friday, February 06, 2009

Christmas Festivities #5

Riding the escalator up to Filene's Basement...our shopping with the kids lasted all of about 10 minutes! We ended up spending most of the morning at the Disney Store.

Eating at Food Life in Water Tower Place

Family style dinner--so yummy and so goofy!


Reading a truck book while waiting for the food

My cute parents

My cute brother and sister-in-law

Ashlyn loves little nooks...our table was in a corner next to the window, so she loved sitting in this little corner reading while waiting for our food.

Here we have a close up of Maguire's double cowlicks--makes haircuts really interesting :)
After dinner my parents took the kids back to our rooms for the night and let us siblings go out for a while. We ended up going to a sports bar for drinks, dessert, coffee and cards. We played Euchre--boys against the girls. After being behind the whole game, Britt and I came storming back to WIN! The guys weren't sore losers at all ;) We thought it was hilarious that the first attempt at flipping us the "L" resulted in a "J"!
I love this traditional trip to Chicago and the time we get to spend with my family. I love that my parents take care of the kids so that Kyle and I are able to spend time with Nate and Britt...without kids! Every year I look forward to this trip :)

1 comment:

The Moser Fam... said...

Great pictures! I'm glad for a new post! :) Ashlyn and Mac are the cutest little people...:) So are your brother and hubby flipping us off in that last collage? :) :) ha ha