For Mother's day we traveled to Muskegon to attend my parents' church, then had brunch with them and my grandma. I received some super-special handmade cards from the kids (one of them complete with our favorite "knock-knock" joke written on it :) ), an incredible poem from Kyle (he's so talented!), a nice big Starbucks gift card (my usual request :) ), and a really cool photo card (made at Shutterfly) from my parents. There were a few other things as well, but--being a "words of affirmation" girl--the cards are tops for me :) After a relaxing afternoon at my parents' while the kids napped, we ended the evening with my favorite pizza--Mr. Scribb's! There's just nothing quite as good!
I'm blessed with two fun, smart, gorgeous children; a godly husband/father to my kids; a mother who is one of my best friends; a grandmother who I love and enjoy spending time with, and two other grandmothers who I love just as much and recently got to hang out with in California. Because of this...I am a happy mother.
Papa, Mac, Kyle - 3 of the most important men in my life
Sweet Ashlyn kisses
Ashlyn telling me this secret: "Mama, you're the best and I love you so, so, so much!"
Four generations of Spoelman women

3 comments:
these are great pictures. I love all the generational pictures. Sounds like a great mother's day. I ALWAYS ask for a starbucks gift card! :):)
So glad to see new updates on your blog! Great mother's day pictures and I LOVED your party for Ashlyn! It was so cute and she looked adorable, as always, in her fancy outfit! I am having a "John Wayne" birthday party for Ben in a few weeks (at his request). It's actually more of a cowboy theme, with a little JW thrown in I guess! He wanted his cake to be John Wayne's face...oh my!? I told him that was definitely beyone my capabilities...so we settled on a horse! HA :) Anyway...great pictures of a beautiful family! :)
I'm so glad you had a great mother's day and enjoyed spending time with your family. There is nothing better. :) Your pictures are great too. I can't believe how old Maquire looks in that last picture!
Post a Comment