Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Love is in the air

Kyle is one of those guys who thinks Valentine’s Day is a lame Hallmark holiday, but he “celebrates” it to appease me {what a guy}. This year {in the spirit of lowering my expectations}, I decided to try a few things with the kids to make it a day of celebrating love in a FUN way! I think we all had a good time, it was special, and it didn’t cost much at all.


Miss Ashlyn and I started our celebration a little early on Sunday afternoon with custom heart-felt manicures. Ash wanted red, pink AND fuchsia {why not?}, so we alternated the colors, then topped them off with hearts drawn on with a nail art pen. I painted my nails fuchsia and did 1 heart on my thumb :)

{I <3 this manicure!}

 Monday morning I had a special breakfast for the kids: Jell-O jigglers!

Of course, in my true impulsive way, I decided to make the jigglers the night before and had to use what I had on hand. Jigglers take 4 boxes. I had 2 Grape, 1 sugar-free Strawberry and 1 sugar-free Raspberry. Made for an interesting flavor…


{Darn his long name and our small plates!} 

{He said, "Yum! I wuv Jeww-O! Hey, how did the Jeww-O know my name??"}


I love making treat bags for the kids’ holiday parties–this one was no exception. And because my kids LOVE them, I slaved and included some pretty cute cake pops.



{another pic because they're just so cute}
{My little heartbreaker}
{Ashlyn's teacher painted hearts on the kids' faces--so cute!}


Regrettably, I didn’t get a pic with Kyle, but honestly, neither of us was looking too hot that morning. He did, however give me a nice card and a certificate for a mani/pedi/massage. Ahhh…can’t wait! I, being equally sweet, gave him this:

{card by upupcreative.com}


That evening I spent a romantic evening with some of my girls, watching the Bachelor. I made these bad boys especially for them!

{chocolate cake pops made with chocolate frosting and chocolate candy coating--for my chocolate loving Valentines!}


 {Cindy, Julie, Kristi}

{I think they liked them ;) }

2 comments:

Ben and Erin said...

Your cake pops look delicious! I need to attempt to make some. Both kids are just beautiful. I love your cute ideas for them and with them. So fun! :)

Courtney said...

So crafty you are! What a great mom to make the lovey-dovey holiday so much fun :) I'm inspired :) :) :)