Monday, July 10, 2006

Second Appointment

Today Kyle, Ashlyn and I went to the doctor for my second appointment. I wanted them to come to this one because we'd be able to hear the heartbeat for the first time today. The appointment went well and, even with listening to the heartbeat, it was pretty uneventful. I've lost 1.5 lbs since last month, my blood pressure was 120/70, and the baby's heartbeat was 168bpm. The nurse was able to find the HB right away, so there was no scare (like with Ashlyn, we couldn't find it at all at the appointment and I had to wait another whole month!). And it was pretty anticlimactic because Kyle was dealing with Ashlyn and I had to get his attention to make sure he heard it. Once Ashlyn's attention was on the noise she was hearing though, she did start to dance to the heartbeat :) Funny girl!
She's had quite the busy day so far today. She got up around 9:00 and went swimming with Daddy while I got ready. Then they met me at the Dr.'s office to hear the HB of her new little brother or sister. Then we went to take a look at one of the houses we (Renovation, LLC) are working on right now. After that we went to lunch at Kabookie's in East GR. It's a gorgeous day today, so we sat outside. She was much more interested in watching people walk/bike past us and crunching up her chips than eating. Usually she's a pretty regular "up for 2 (hours), down for 2" kinda girl, but we kept her up for 5 hours before she got home for a nap. What a trooper! I'm sure it helped that we were doing stuff and she got snacks along the way :)
Kyle and I have been working on the yard since we got home. It's SO overwhelming! I think that the wild grape vines and the raspberry bushes are going to be the death of me! I've taken about 4 large wheelbarrows-full of weeds, grape vines, raspberry bushes (ouch--they're so prickly!) to the back woods and I've barely put a dent in the island in the middle of the front/side yard! By the way, does anybody know anything about antique plows that people use as decoration in landscaping? We've got one that's pretty neat, but just not our style. I'm wondering what it would be worth. Any ideas?

6 comments:

Jeff & Elizabeth said...

We must have just missed eachother at the doctor today- I was there with my kiddos for an 11:00 appt today :-) -Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Abby, Kyle gave me your site so we can keep up on the happenings in your world. Congrats on this new baby -- he or she will probably be exactly one year younger than our Meagan so it is fun to reflect back for me. We are planning on coming up next week and would like to get together. Here is our info and let's coordinate something: totheloftins@yahoo.com or 817-937-2237. Jennifer Loftin

Anonymous said...

i'd love to be of help to you regarding your chores but Kyle can tell you how much i loathe yardwork. i thought that's what living in the country is all about, letting your yard grow the way it wants to but i guess not even you guys are immune to weeding and such. if you discover the magic please let me know because i'm marketing orange grass at the moment.
glad to hear you're making steady progress with this pregnancy. BJ had a checkup yesterday and he's running a bit light but nothing to get overly concerned about. he's just become a more finicky eater, that's all.
i had a follow up with my doctor today and there now not doing the surgery until around the end of the month, which means i have more healing to do and my patience will continue to be tested.
take care of yourselves and hopefully i'll catch you sunday.

-Calvin

brianandcourt said...

Hi Abbs -
How are you feeling these days?
I have a 3/4D ultrasound on Tuesday, we moved into our house last week, and I must say I'm exhausted. Hope you're doing well.
Court

Anonymous said...

Hey Abby! I am SOOO glad you got in touch with me. I'm sure Nate appreciates it too because I've been bugging him about you. ;-)

I'm so excited for you! Although we've been out of touch, I have kept up with your life through the years. I talked to your mom right after you got married and she told me all about how Kyle swept you off your feet and how she and your dad love him. Nate's given me a couple little updates and my mom, the gossip queen, has given me a few Abby scoops through the years.

Anyway, the point is, I've been sending my love through the miles and the years and I'm so glad to see you doing SO well and so beautiful! Catch me up!

xox

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...This is Steph Balkema, I left that last comment. Oops!

xox