Double JJ Ranch
We went camping with the Aasmans (John is the campus pastor at Eastside) at Double JJ Ranch a couple weekends ago...and we brought Ashlyn! It was just one overnight and the Aasman kids (Jordan, Jessie, Kaitlyn) were there, so we thought we'd try it out with her while Mac stayed with Papa and Mimi. We have an 8-person/2-room tent so we put her pack n play on one side and Kyle & I were on the other. Ashlyn did great! We had a fan going for noise, read her a couple books and she went right down. She woke up a few times during the night, but I think she does that anyway at home--we just sleep through it. As soon as it was light out, she was up for the day. She usually sleeps until at least 9:30! Double JJ is a great place to camp with kids. Everything is "Old West" themed and they have a great pool with a kids pool (water fountains, zero depth entrance, etc.) and a water slide. They even let Ashlyn go down the slide with Kyle and with her lifejacket on. She thought it was pretty cool, but once was enough :) They also have a petting zoo. With her fear of dogs we weren't sure how she'd do with the petting zoo, but she absolutely loved it! We'll definitely be going back to Double JJ with the kids :)
3 comments:
and all these years i thought double j ranch was a myth from the west. looks like everyone had a good time.
calvin
Looks like a great time!!! I can't believe how big Ashlyn is. I'm always thinking...this is how big Isabelle will be next year at this time!! Oh, by the way, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hope you had a great one! Wow! 5 years! Time flies!
Ashlyn looks so cute in that suit. Ella loves wearing the same exact one and always chooses it when I let her.
Post a Comment