Friday, January 16, 2009

Christmas Festivities #3

We spent the Tuesday morning before Christmas with Kyle's side of the family. Over the last few years a tradition has emerged with the Warmington side of the family. We gather at Jim & Judy's (Kyle's parents) for breakfast--Belgian waffles...yum! After breakfast we open gifts. And every year Judy comes up with a new "game" to play to win some sort of prize. This year the game was that we had to roll dice and try to get a certain number (6, I think). When you rolled a 6, you put oven mitts on and attempted to unwrap the prize gift. It started out as a big box and had increasingly (decreasingly??) smaller boxes wrapped inside. It got pretty hectic with people trying to roll really fast and grab the mitts from whoever was unwrapping. It was really hard to unwrap the smaller boxes! Such a fun, unique game and I don't have any pictures from it because I was being too competitive...and I won! It ended up being a gift card for Family Christian Stores, so I'm excited about that :)

Maguire enjoying his waffles...heavily laden with lots of whipped cream, syrup, and strawberries!


Ashlyn didn't want to get dressed that morning, so she spent the whole day in her PJs. Hey, it was "Christmas"!

Is there any question that these cousins enjoy spending time together??

Ashlyn opening gifts

Kyle's dad had a brain hemmorhage 15ish years ago. We're incredibly blessed to have him around today, but he has some physical limitations. Judy figured that a Wii would be a great way for him to get a little bit of activity in from his chair or standing with a walker. I don't know about Jim, but the rest of the family certainly enjoyed it ;)

Hannah Montana look-alikes Eliani and Olivia with the "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake


Playing Wii

No comments: