Monday, March 09, 2009

Mac turns 2!

Maguire turned 2 January 11 and his cousin, Skydra, turned 1 January 13, so the two of them had a shared birthday party this year. January in Michigan leaves no outdoor options, so we chose PlayWorld for the party. While PlayWorld is a bit "ghetto", the kids love it! It's got ball pits (with a ball washing machine so it's supposedly more "sanitary"), slides, Little Tykes playhouses and cars of every kind, a few arcarde games, and some inflatables (slide, bounce house, obstacle course, etc.). The kids have a blast there! After playing for a few hours we (our family, my parents, Kyle's parents, Kyle's sister/family/Skydra, and our neighbors the Neeleys) left and went to the Pizza Ranch for dinner. There, the kids opened gifts and had cake. I made a truck "puzzle cake" make out of cupcakes. It was kind of tough, but I was quite proud of it when it was done! Skydra's cakes were made by Heather's (my sister-in-law) friend, Angela. She does an amazing job! She made the darling little bear cake for Skydra's own little cake, plus a larger brown bear cake and the cutest little cupcakes--chocolate frosting with super cute pink and aqua flowers on top. I decided that for Ashlyn's birthday I'm just going to have Angela do the cake! Can't wait to see what she comes up with :)

The birthday boy!

Mimia (my mom), Grandma (Kyle's mom), Aunt Heather (Kyle's sister)

Silly Ashlyn

Sweet Skydra and her sweet bear cake

Maguire, Daddy and the truck cake

Papa and Maguire with the guitar that is "just my size"! I had a hard time deciding whether to do a truck theme or a guitar theme for Mac's party. He's equally obsessed with both! Papa and Mimia helped feed his guitar obsession by getting him this child-sized guitar.

Maguire walked around the restuarant "sereneding" the other patrons while playing his "tar"

Grandma and Grandpa got Maguire this cool Radio Flyer scooter...and Maguire decided that the restuarant was the perfect place to try it out :)

I can't believe that Maguire's 2 already! He is SUCH a fun little guy and I have the biggest crush on him. There's not much that Mac hasn't gotten from Kyle--his looks, his more-than-outgoing personality, his charm, his love for music and performing...his ability to talk ;) My memory isn't as good as I'd like it to be, but I'd swear that Maguire talks way better--and MORE--than Ashlyn did at his age. He typically narrates all day long. And we're always amazed at how coordinated and daring he is. I think that minutes after he learned to walk he was running and jumping and climbing anything he could get a foot up on! He's such a fun and funny kid! I'm sure most parents can relate, but when I was pregnant with Maguire I had a hard time grasping how I'd be able to love another child as much as I love Ashlyn. Now I see how God designs it all to allow us to love each child equally and in totally different ways. I love my Buddy Boy like crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did a great job on that cake, Abs. Jen and i have taken BJ to playworld a few times and he also enjoys it. his "Y" is right next door so it works out well. he can run around in playworld and then take a dip in the Y's pool afterward.

calvin

C Emrick said...

Happy Birthday, Maguire! You are definitely growing into an adorable little boy!