Friday, January 22, 2010

SNOW DAY!


Well, I was super bummed to wake up this particular morning to a text on my phone telling me that school was closed for the day.  You have a much different perspective on these things as a parent :)  Anyway, I was bummed because it was supposed to be Maguire's class Christmas party that day.  He only goes to preschool one day a week so I hate for him to miss any day, but I especially hated for him to miss his Christmas party.  And the kids -- being that they're still young enough to LOVE school -- were bummed at first too...until they heard the neighbor kids playing outside.  They hurriedly put on their snow gear and ran outside.  We're blessed to have such great neighbor kids around.  Even though they're older than our kids but quite a few years, they genuinely seem to enjoy playing with Ashlyn and Maguire (or "Buddy" as they call him).  After my hour of disappointment and a cup of coffee, I "warmed up" to the idea of a snow day, pulled on my boots, grabbed my camera and headed outside myself.  Freshly fallen (and still falling!) snow makes for some beautiful pictures!  Maguire was especially thrilled when Kyle came outside to put the chains on the John Deere and plow the driveway.  Saying that this kid is obsessed with the green and yellow is putting it mildly :)





No comments: