Thursday, January 11, 2007

Throwin Down!

Maguire is a big eater and sleeper so far! Yeeeehaaaaaa!!! He latched right on last night the very first time Abby tried and he just flat out threw down. So breast feeding has been a breeze for him so far which then makes him tired so he's sleepy all the time. Which rocks because he sleeps on your chest, or legs or pretty much wherever you lay him.......he's chillin!

I'm not kidding when I say you could put gel in his hair it is so thick. It's like a rug on his head! It's thick and dark - it's awesome! You could say - he's a Mac Daddy!

So far our visitors have been Tyler Emrick and his little honey daughter Ella. Tyler is one of my best friends and partner in a small business we have together. They hung out with us for a while and then Cheryl Sisco who works in St. Mary's ICU showed up. That was fun but we forgot to get a picture with her so we're going to try to do that tomorrow so we don't miss documenting all the visitors. Tyler is coming back with his wife later so we'll shoot his pic then.

John and Joann Aasman stopped down with their son Jessie and daughter Katelyn (Jordan was at school). That was great. John and Joann are our partners in crime over at the Keystone Eastside site and it was special as John made a point to pray for Maguire, his life, future, & faith. It was very meaningful! Thanks John and Joann ....we love you guys and Eastside has been a blast with your family. Looking forward to a powerful 2007 at Eastside with you.

We will be finishing off the night with a potentially big night. My sister, Heather and her kids are coming, Abby's parents, my parents, Mischelle Sytsma (who's been watching Ashlyn for us - thanks AUNTIE MISCHELLE- Ash thinks you are the bomb!) and our sweetie girl Ashlyn. That's just what we know of. There is potential for a lot more as we've heard rumblings of more people coming. We love it and keep on coming - we are enjoying your company. All are welcome!

We'll have more later for those of you who wish to read up on the Mac Yack Network.
This is your 5:30pm Newsline up date - I'm reporting live from the hospital room, I'm Mac's Daddy .....and I'm out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just returned from meeting maguire for the first time... thanks so much for inviting me to be a part of this special time.

couldn't be more happy for your entire family.

love,

calvin

brianandcourt said...

PICTURES, Kyle, we want more Pictures!! :)
--abby's friend from too-far-away-to-visit-the-hospital (i.e. Indiana)

Anonymous said...

Yo bro and awesome mom of two, we are so happy for yall. We are planning a visit but I have been sick and I am not sure thats what we want at this point. Maybe early next week we can stop by your place. We are thining and praying for you guys, Ashlyn getting used to a little bro and for MC G (my wife's nickname for a baby she hasnt even met)to stay healthy. We'll be in touch and we can hook up when everythign has calmed down and i am not running fever. Peace, GOD is good.

- DEL and Ashley

Anonymous said...

I was sure jealous when I heard Tyler was able to visit you guys and see the baby BEFORE me! Sorry I didn't get to make it to the hospital, but I plan on stopping by the house sometime soon! I was so thrilled to hear how much easier this delivery was for you Abby! See you soon. -Christy Emrick