BuffMothers at the Arnold Sports Classic in Columbus, OH
This past weekend I went to Columbus to meet up with some of the BuffMothers at the Arnold Classic. I have to admit that I was a little nervous to be traveling such a distance to meet up with a bunch of people I only knew from the internet. Especially since I'd be sharing a hotel room with 3 of them! First I drove to the Detroit area and met up with Tia. She and I had talked on the phone some and a lot on instant messenger. We hit it off INSTANTLY! We didn't stop talking the entire rest of the 3.5 hours to Columbus. Once there we met up with Kermane, Linda, Jammie, Patti (and her husband, Glen), Tonya (and her husband Brad), Erinn and Tracy. Nine BuffMothers coming together from 6 different states (Michigan, Ohio, Idaho, North Carolina, Missouri, Connecticut). I kept thinking how WEIRD it was that it was so NOT WEIRD! Except for brief lulls in conversation here and there, we all got along famously and there was just no awkwardness! I wish we could've spent more time together, but there's always next year :) All of us are at different points in our "buff journey", but we motivate, encourage and support each other. I love these women and count it a privilege to consider them friends!
3 comments:
Love You Girl!! So sweet of you to share stories about us on your family blog!!
We love you just the same and even more. You are an awesome addition to the RR. Thanks for being so great!
Karen
HI Abby!! I love your blog~ your family is so great. And I love all the Team BuffMother! pictures :)
Let's rock the BBB contest--YAY!!!
Luv,
Michelle
Post a Comment