Friday, March 07, 2008

A signing exhibitionist?

No picture with this blog, just a quick update on Maguire. Today he did two notable things:
1) He signed "more" for the first time! I've been trying and trying to teach him a few signs with no luck. Ashlyn has even tried to help as well. Mac just looks at us, shakes his head like we're crazy and giggles. Today he got it :) I know, I know...he should be SAYING words now rather than signing, but he's not doing a whole lot of that yet. Eventually... :)
2) While I was in the kitchen doing dishes (our dishwasher broke, so I've been doing dished by hand for a few weeks. We're in no hurry to get a new one...yet. Washing the dishes by hand is actually a nice "break" sometimes!), Maguire and Ashlyn were in the living room playing. I wasn't paying too much attention to them because I was in my own steamy little world. One of the things I love about doing dishes is the HOT water (I wear gloves) and the warm vent on the floor. In the winter it's quite nice :) Anyway, I had earlier changed Mac's diaper and was too lazy (or he was too WIGGLY!!) to put his pants back on, so I just left him in his shirt and diaper. He came walking into the kitchen and lifted up his shirt to reveal he'd taken off his diaper! I should've known better...he's done this before, only in his crib. Guess the days of "just a diaper" are over. Or is he trying to show up his sister by potty training before her? ;)

2 comments:

Lee Anne said...

That's hilarious! He likes to feel free!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!

oh... I tagged you!