Saturday, March 15, 2008

Easter Cookies

In an attempt to keep Ashlyn occupied the other day, we decided to make Easter cookies. I made sure they were appropriate for an almost-3-year-old, so we used the sheets that are pre-cut, you just "punch" the shapes out. Ash really enjoyed helping me put the bunnies on the cookie sheets and telling me which ones were sister bunnies, brother bunnies, mommy bunnies and daddy bunnies. She also enjoyed sneaking some of the "parts" that were left over ;) It was fun to see her get the whole process. Now...the decorating? Yeah... I realize that these are probably the most homely-looking easter cookies you've ever seen, but trying to decorate cookies with a toddler is NOT easy! She really liked making the round ones - rolling them in the "spankles". Guess we should've stuck with the round ones!The funny thing is, the cookies actually look BETTER in the picture than they did in person!
Yes, that IS Ashlyn's hand trying to sneak a cookie while I'm taking the picture!

Tomorrow we'll be attempting to color Easter eggs! Daddy gets to help with that one ;)

No comments: