Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was an interesting but nice day. And through it all I got not one picture of any of the mothers! Oh well :) Kyle had been asked to lead worship at his parents' church so we stayed the night at their house Saturday night. Unfortunately, Maguire woke up earlier than usual and his nap started right when we would've been leaving for church, so I stayed home with him while everyone else went to church. Kyle's sister and brother-in-law and their 5 kids met up with them at church then everyone came back for lunch, including my mom. My dad was sick so my mom came by herself. I was bummed not to be able to go to church, but it was ok. As a thank-you for me "letting" Kyle lead worship on Mother's Day, the church got me a big pot of bright pink geraniums. They're so fun! Judy, Kyle's mom, also got each of us moms a pot of locally grown (aka--big, beautiful and colorful!) peonies. Judy also got me and both my sisters-in-law the cookbook "6 O'Clock Scramble" along with a 6-month subscription to the weekly menus and grocery lists. I'm looking forward to making use of this gift. I'm hoping it helps me eliminate that "scramble" at the last minute to figure out dinner each night. My mom got ME aluminum sippy cups for the kids HA HA! Because of all this BPA business...and I'm too cheap to spend $15 each for a sippy cup! I also got some very sweet cards from Kyle, Ashlyn & Maguire, my mom and my mother-in-law.
I'm so grateful for my mom--she's my best girl friend and such an incredible example of a loving, godly mother. She's taught me way more than she or I will ever realize. Thanks mom; I love you!
I'm also so blessed by my mother-in-law. The typical mother-in-law stereotype is so sad to me but it just brings to light how fortunate I am with mine. She's so helpful and involved, loves me and our kids, raised an amazing son, she's extremely generous, and is a wonderful godly woman. If there was a different "title" I could have for her, I'd just skip the whole "mother-in-law" thing because she's nowhere near the stereotype!
God gave me two amazing gifts in my kids. They are so much stinkin' fun! They're adorable, sweet, smart, funny...strong-willed :) I know that with these gifts comes responsibility. I pray that I can--with Kyle--raise Ashlyn and Maguire to know and love God and to give them a loving, stable, godly example to follow.

Ashlyn is so enamored by her youngest cousin, Baby Skydra!

The "Twins"!

We had the leftover cake and cupcakes for dessert and decided to relight the candles for a picture op since they both blew them out at their party before we could even blink!

The girls playing a game...on the kitchen floor?!

1 comment:

The Moser Fam... said...

Glad you had such a happy mother's day! I just have to say...Ashlyn has the cutest hair and smile...so sweet....maguire too (even with a black eye and bug bite!)...you guys make cute babies! :)