Friday, May 16, 2008

Rough and Tumble Kid

Here is the first of -- I'm sure -- many black eyes! I'm actually surprised that it's taken him this long to get one. This kid will get into anything and everything he can, climbing on everything his sister does and then all kinds of things she can't! The red dot on his face is from a nasty mosquito bite that swelled up. Then the black eye, we think, came when he fell off the bench in my in-laws' kitchen. I was downstairs in the room beneath the kitchen and head a huge THUD! I came running and almost by the time I made it upstairs he had stopped crying. What a tough kid!
**I realize that I've taken after my mom in the fact that I love to take pictures of my kids when there's something wrong--rashes, black eyes, bumps, bruises, etc. My mom always took the most pitiful pictures of Nate and me when we had some injury or illness!**

Here's Mac trying to figure out the new sippy cup

"I diddit!"

I've loved seeing pictures of my friend Sam's son, Quinn's "Oh Face", so I was quite excited to see Maguire making one of his own :)

Whenever Maguire is barefoot in his booster, he crosses his little ankles. I've always found it quite adorable and finally got around to taking a picture of it :)

2 comments:

Ben and Erin said...

What adorable pictures of Maguire, black eye and all! I love his little feet crossed too! Also, looks like the kids had fun in the water. I can't believe how cool it was too!

Wani said...

cute pix of the kiddo in the booster! Its great that you caught it on film now... you never know when they're gonna outgrow those cute little things!