So, what is it with guys who work at coffee houses? I mean, between the

Starbucks near my house and the

Biggby Coffee (my two major coffee weaknesses) near my house there are some...
interesting employees there. Does anybody else encounter things like this: employee impersonating Christopher Walken

at the drive-thru, striking up a several minute long conversation at the ordering box thingy, asking a trivia question at the drive-thru and MAKING me guess until I get it right (anyone who knows me well knows that I absolutely despise guessing games), asking for a run-down of my plans for the evening, engaging me in a lengthy conversation about the virtues of a cinnamon chip muffin versus a blueberry muffin. All this done as if we're great friends! Not that I mind, mind you, but I always drive away (since I go through the drive-thru 99% of the time so I don't have to drag 2 toddlers inside, just to have them stare directly at all of the yummy pastries available and therefore begin begging relentlessly) thinking, "What the??" Do they specifically train coffee house employees to engage in this kind of stuff or do I just get the
chatty ones?
3 comments:
You crack me up! Hey...I JUST checked my voice mail and heard your message from TUESDAY!! AHH!! I swear I haven't been avoiding you! I've been super busy, can't wait to talk!
This post had me laughing! So funny! I can only imagine. I had a librarian last week tell me all about his divorce and ex-wife moving his kids across the country and traveling with her boyfriend, ect...I was like, what did I say that he thought he should tell me all these things while checking out some board books?? Crazy! :)
Nice! I think it might just be you?? :) HA HA..just kidding! I've encountered some real weirdos at coffee shops, but it always makes for a good laugh. By the way, I am very impressed with all of you canning! Can you come to my house and share some of your domestic abilities with me? Ben and I had Easy Mac for lunch (you know, the mac and cheese you microwave!). :) :)
Post a Comment