Thursday, August 06, 2009

Last Day

...Of preschool! I can't believe my baby is done with her first year of preschool! I've decided that I'm an end-of-the-year-crier. Some parents cry on their child's first day of school, but I think I'll be one of the moms who cries on the last day. When I think of all that my kids have done, how much they've grown over the past year, how much they've learned, how much I'm going to miss (or not--who knows?) their teachers & the kids/parents in their class...I just get emotional!


Ashlyn and I both loved Mrs. Stoufer! I will definitely miss her...but I look forward to when Maguire will have her in a year :)

At the final chapel, Pastor Love (LOVE him!) gave each child a blessing: "May Jesus bless you and keep you happy."

While we will not be sending our kids to Christian schools (financially it's not really an option, plus we're in an incredible public school system), I am so grateful for the opportunity to send them to this Christian preschool, even for just a few years. The chapels have been wonderful and the teachers are committed Christians as well. The most incredible thing Kyle and I have witnessed with Ashlyn this year, due mostly to Pastor Love's chapels, is that Ashlyn has learned to pray the most heart-melting sincere prayers. She's our little prayer warrior--she almost always volunteers to pray before meals and bedtime and remembers to pray for things/people that we sometimes forget.
I'm so excited that Maguire will be able to attend (one day a week) the same preschool in the fall. He'll be in the Young 3's program on Fridays while Ash will be there M/W/F. Mac is pumped to be going to school like a "big boy"!

No comments: