Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ashlyn's Birthday Party

We had Ashlyn's birthday party this afternoon with her "twin" cousin Blaze. Blaze was born just two days after Ashlyn. It's so fun to watch the two of them together :)
The party was at the Children's Museum and the kids had a great time! We had a museum "helper" who ran the party (so helpful!). The kids started out by decorating "tambourines" made out of paper plates stapled together with beans inside. After they were done decorating them, we all went on a parade through the museum shaking our tambourines and blowing our party blowers. It was a little tough getting all the way back to the party room since the kids kept getting distracted by the exhibits! Once we got back to the room, it was time for cake! Ashlyn took one look at her Dora cake and stuck her fingers right in the icing. Oh well, at least I got a picture first ;) After cake was present time, which is always fun. Ash and Blaze both got some really fun things--what a blessing our friends and family are!

The birthday King and Queen

The kids (and some moms and a dad) working hard decorating their tambourines

Mac trying to get into the presents

Ashlyn sharing a balloon with her buddy Ella

The birthday girl leading the parade through the museum

Papa and Buddy...pre-melt-down! No afternoon nap + runny nose + HOT in the party room + way too much commotion = major headbanging tantrum from Maguire! Fortunately, Mimia was good enough to take him home for a nap in the middle of the party. Thanks, Mimia!!

Ashlyn's Dora (her theme) birthday cake...before she stuck her fingers in :)

When asked how old they were, they both answered "3!" Here's Ashlyn looking confused as to why Blaze is holding up 4 fingers!

Singing "Happy Birthday!"

Maguire enjoying a baseball cupcake

We had a Dora theme for Ashlyn's party...she LOVES Dora! Kyle and I had gotten her a book from Shutterfly that is a Dora storybook with Ash's picture as one of the characters in the story. She loved it!
Ashlyn still has her stubborn moments, but they're becoming relatively few and far between. Most often I just love spending time with her--she's so sweet and silly. She never used to be a cuddler, but she's become the BEST hugger around! I love watching her grow up and learn things every day. It's especially neat to hear about the things she learns in Sunday School at church. She's learning songs and verses that she shares with us. I look forward to seeing how she grows, learns, and matures...not just in everyday life, but as she grows as a child of God.

8 comments:

the deKorne family said...

So sweet! Sorry we couldn't make it...I'm glad Ashlyn had a great day!! Way to go keeping her alive and beautiful for 3 years. :)

The Moser Fam... said...

Looks like such a fun day! She is soooo adorable! I'm looking forward to Ben's 3rd b-day party at the end of the month. Happy Birthday, Ashlyn!

Ben and Erin said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn!! What a beautiful birthday girl. Sounds like a great party and everyone had fun. :) It's fun that she is so close to her cousin. Clare is like that with her two cousins. All the pictures from the party were great too see too. I love that Ashlyn dove right into the cake! :) What a sweetie!

MP said...

what a well organized party!! sorry maguire had a break down..poor thing..what a good little brother he is.

Betsy said...

Hey Abby!

Glad I finally found your blogs! Really enjoyed ready and catching up with your family! Be sure to check out Lilly's Blog to see pics of our little addition!!!
http://lillygrace05.blogspot.com

Lee Anne said...

Cute pics! Funny - Brianna is going to have a Dora party too! I'll have to check out that book you got her with herself as a character - I bet Bri would like that too! Ashlyn looks just like the sister of a boy in Brayden's preschool. (Gary thought so too!)

Angela said...

How Fun! Looks like a great time! Ashlyn's outfit looks adorable...did you make it? So cute! We had Isabelle's party on Sunday. Amazing how fast they are growing up! Love you!

Elizabeth Joy said...

Your kids are so beautiful... though I dare say the entire family is, too. :) Aww I miss you guys!