Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Yesterday, almost exactly 2 weeks after Ashlyn's near-drowning experience, we took her back to Brittany's parents' pool to get her "back on the horse". It was an almost identical situation to her last positive experience. We had Nate, Brittany, Maguire, me, and Kyle (last time my dad was there but Kyle wasn't). Turns out I was way more nervous than I needed to be. Check out the form on that girl's leap into the pool! She did amazingly well in the pool and just couldn't get enough. Maguire even did better in the pool this time too. He "graduated" to jumping into the pool over and over again and would let us swing him around and swim with him in the shallow end. It really was so much fun!

Bathing Beauty
Tubergen's had an enormous jar of pistachios sitting out and Ash kept asking us to crack them open for her. Who knew pistachios would be such a hit??

A much better water experience for us to remember!

Thanks, Aunt Brittany, for being our photographer! We love you!

My two water-lovin' babies!

14 comments:

Elizabeth Joy said...

your kids are SO beautiful. :)

Andrea Baker said...

I'm so glad to see her back in the saddle.

Anonymous said...

looking good!


calvin

Lee Anne said...

I'm glad to see you've got them back in the pool - I think about you and that story every time I take my kids to the YMCA. Those are really cute pictures!

Ben and Erin said...

Yeah! What a fun post to read and encouraging for you! I love all the pool pics. The kids are just adorable! :)

MP said...

so glad to see you all in the pool smiling! what a nice new experience to remember!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Abby, It's Trish (harleyrizzo) from Buffmother! Karen from NJ gave us an update on ya! I'm so sorry to hear about all that has happened this summer, BUT SSSOOO glad to hear that it is all turning for the good :) We all get "tested" at times and life can be SO trying, but I'm so happy to see that your family is doing GREAT now and are able to overcome all the events! Take care and we miss you in the RR!!!!!!
~ Trish

Anonymous said...

Hey Abby!
It's Michelle (mommachelle03 from the RR and Jan. Snowbabies).

Sorry to hear you've had such a rough summer. HUGS! What a relief that everyone is safe.

We miss you in the RR!
Take care.
Michelle

Unknown said...

Abby,
Thanks so much for sharing your trials and triumphs with us!! You have such a beautiful family and your love for them is so evident!! God has really blessed you~
Thanks for the sweet reminders to never take anything for granted! Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Abby,

It is nice to see that Ashlyn loved getting back in the pool. You all look so happy and like you are having a blast.

Lynn

Heather said...

I LOVE these pics! Praise God.....

Cindy Joy said...

Hooray for quick recovery!

New England Quilter said...

Great photos of your happy family. I am glad that fun in the sun can continue!
Amy

http://newenglandquilter.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Great jumping form! I hope that Ashlyn's lifejacket was just out of camera range. As a grandma who raised my own kids with a backyard pool, they didn't go out in the pool area w/o the jacket until they graduated to floaties even though they routinely took swimming lessons. BTW more pool accidents happen when there are lots of swimmers and visitors, than when only a few are present.
Never think you are being too cautious. Better safe than not.