Thursday, September 02, 2010

Do your ears hang low?

That's one of the songs our ice cream truck plays.  June ushered in the "official" start of summer with the return of Renee and her bright pink ice cream truck.  Most parents cringe at the tinny sound of that music off in the distance that every kid can hear miles away {I admit, there are days when I do too}, but we here in this neighborhood love it!  Summer hasn't truly arrived until we've got a picture of the kids on our front porch eating their crazy-expensive sweet treats.  Fortunately for us, Renee {the ice cream truck driver} always lets us know what her summer schedule will be.  For the last 3 years it's been every Tuesday and Saturday between noon and 12:30.  So, if we want to be home...or don't want to be home, we know when she's coming.  Renee drives the cleanest truck I've ever seen and she knows all the kids' names and the parents' names too. 
Yep, Maguire's still in his PJ top and undies.  That's just how he rolls on summer mornings :)
The girls!  Elizabeth, Leah, Ashlyn

No comments: