On September 14th, my hubby and best friend turned old. Ok, with Kyle's youthful, energetic outlook on life I don't believe he'll ever be "old". But, my friends, my husband is truly pushing 40! At least I'll always be 5.5 years younger ;) Kyle is a HUGE UofM{ichigan} fan, so the week before his birthday, we sort of celebrated with an unexpected trip to The Big House for the first game of the season. We had the best time! It was the day where the newly renovated stadium was rededicated so there was all kinds of hoopla, including jets flying overhead which Maguire thought was the coolest thing ever. Kyle, Jim (Kyle's dad), Maguire and I were incredibly blessed by tickets in the brand-spanking-new club seats. They were perfect! Plenty of room for Maguire to literally RUN and DANCE circles around us :) It was an absolute blast of a day!
 |
3 generations of Warmington UofM fans
Love this picture!
While waiting for the marching band to come out of the stadium, Maguire turned his popcorn tub and program into a base drum and drumsticks. Always drumming, that boy!
You know he was lovin' those drums! {and don't judge me for letting him still have that dumb binky!}
That's one tired boy! And I love the chocolate milk mustache :)
On Kyle's actual birthday, the kids and I spent the entire day at Chuck E. Cheese's {we LOVE that place!}. I had planned to make Kyle's choice (steak & chicken fajitas) for dinner, but since we were gone all day, I gave myself a gift and just ordered fajitas from Chili's :)
Ashlyn made this candle at Mom & Kids Camp this summer and wanted to save it for Daddy's birthday--she was so proud! {and check out that YUMMY peanut butter pie I made with my Once A Month Cooking Club!}
Happy birthday, Daddy! We love you!! |
I'm so grateful for another year of Kyle's life and I pray
often that God will allow us to spend many more birthdays together. I love you, Babe!
No comments:
Post a Comment