Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Happy (early) Mother's Day to me!

Kyle sort of surprised me this Mother's Day with something I've been wanting ever since Ashlyn was born...a minivan! I know, I know... who ever thought I'd be a "soccer mom" so soon?! But with all the baby stuff to cart around and plans of more than just Ashlyn someday, my Alero just wasn't cutting it. We weren't planning to make the leap so soon because my car was all paid off and we love not having a car payment. But, thanks to my dad passing along this great deal and also reminding me about some stocks I could cash out, we couldn't pass this one up! It's a light gold 2000 Olds Silhouette GLS. The crazy thing about it is that it was a one-owner vehicle, and the couple who owned it was older and only drove it to and from Florida. So the van is immaculate! It doesn't look any more than 1 year old--if that! We picked it up on Friday to test drive it for the weekend. On Monday we drove back into Muskegon to purchase it. Already we're loving it!! It's so much easier to get Ashlyn in and out of her carseat when I don't have to crawl into the backseat to get her. What a great Mother's Day gift, huh?!

2 comments:

Jeff & Elizabeth said...

Yay on your minivan! That's the one we have, so I can tell you all the "quirks" about it (such as if the check engine light goes in, the EGR Valve program is faulty and needs to be reinstalled in the computer). Hopefully I'll see you again at a crop one of these days! -Elizabeth Fanco

brianandcourt said...

Hi Abbs! First of all your pictures are so cute. Secondly - email me your phone number... somehow I have the wrong one. I wanted to call you the other day and got the stupid recorded lady instead. :)

Yea for baby girls! :)
...court