Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
There are so many ways God shows this verse to be true. One way, however was humorously evident to me the other day:
**I'll preface this by saying that Kyle and I neither encourage or discourage awareness of guns in our home. Of course, we're responsible and don't allow the kids to watch or even catch glimpses of anything like CSI, Law & Order or any of the other similar shows with potential for guns/violence/blood/death/etc. that I, personally, love :) **
I was going through the toybox with the kids the other day, looking for some particular "lost" toys. We came across a clear and neon-colored squirt gun. As I pulled it out, my kids had two very different responses:
ASHLYN: "Mom, what is that??'
MAGUIRE: Took it, pointed it, and began making shooting noises.
I don't recall any time in particular when Maguire might've learned that. I think in most boys that kind of thing is just sort of innate. My mom was actually a little more proactive about keeping gun/weapon play stuff away from us when my younger brother and I were kids. In the absense of any kind of other weapon, my brother would just chew his morning toast into the shape of a gun and "shoot" us all at the breakfast table! I love that God took such great care with the details of creating males and females to be different. I also enjoy watching those differences come out in my daughter and son :)
No comments:
Post a Comment