Thursday, October 09, 2008

Pickin' Punkins

The 3's class had their first and only field trip this morning. It's been beautiful all week long and the rest of this week is supposed to get up into the 70s but, of course, today it had to rain. And I mean it poured! Famous last words as Kristi and I drove out of the neighborhood: Kristi - "Do you think we should grab umbrellas?" Abby -
"Nah, the forecast just said 'light rain'" STUPID! Oh well, we had fun anyway! We went to Paulson's Pumpkin Patch where the kids got to go on a hay ride out to the patch, pick some gourds, a pumpkin and an ear of Indian corn. We moms got to pick some too :) When we got back from the hay ride we got to pick an apple. I've never heard of this variety of apple, but let me tell you, they were delicious! Golden Glory is what kind they were. I'll be hunting down more of them, that's for sure. They were just the right amount of sweet/tart and very crisp. The perfect apple in my humble opinion ;)
Ashlyn had fun chasing and being chased by Kyle and Tyler and then palling around with Gerrit, Kiersten and--of course--Elizabeth.

The whole class, minus Sam
Drowned rats! Kristi & Elizabeth, me and Ash. If you click on the pic to enlarge it, you might just see the water running off my nose--HA!

My sweet girl

Ashlyn and Gerrit

Ash & Elizabeth - friends for life!

The whole class, minus Sam, plus Mrs. Stoufer
Tyler, Reid, Ash, Kiersten, Kyle, Jackson, Will, Elizabeth, Gerrit

While I wish the weather had been better, we still had a great time and Ash couldn't wait to show Daddy her gourds, pumpkin & Indian corn she picked!

On Monday I've invited all the moms over for coffee while the kids are in school so that we can get to know each other better. Out of the 10 moms in the class, 7 (myself included) are able to make it! From what I know of the other moms so far, we've got a great group. Some have even mentioned that it would be fun to this this kind of thing on a regular basis. I can't wait to get to know them better!

No comments: