Thursday, October 09, 2008

Lofty the Fish!


Last night Ashlyn and I were going to spend some time together doing something fun. Our original plans fell through, but I improvised and we ended up at Meijer to return cans/bottles and to get Ashlyn her first pet--a male betta fish! Ashlyn and Maguire love to put the cans/bottles into the machines and then to push the button that makes the return slip spit out. Ashlyn returned enough cans/bottles to "earn" her fish, the gravel, and food (we already had the bowl). That's a lot of cans/bottles! She told Kyle that she used her "paycheck" to buy it all ;)
I brought my camera to the store to capture her picking out her fish, but of course the battery was dead!

She was so incredibly excited to feed her fish. The fish she named "Lofty". Can you tell she was watching Bob the Builder when she picked a name?! Ha ha!


Giving the bowl a hug


Ashlyn and Lofty


Daddy and Maguire checking out Lofty

Ashlyn is so amazed by her "pretty-pretty" fish and loves to just watch "her" swim around. Maguire is equally intrigued and keeps saying "bite shish". Does he think we're going to eat it?? I've already caught him fishing out (excuse the pun!) the gravel and trying to eat it--eew!
Ashlyn woke up and immediately wanted to feed her fish. We'll see how long the excitement--and Lofty--last!

6 comments:

Lee Anne said...

Super cute!

Lee Anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MP said...

i like lofty's rocks!! she looks so happy to have him..

side note: cade also taught us early that nothing is safe. But, he never tried the jewelry drawer until recently. I think it is because it is in my clothing drawer. At least it was a good excuse to organize!!

Anonymous said...

Lofty is really pretty! We tried Beta's and Goldfish when Nicole and Cassie were little, but we could never keep them alive. We do fine with kids and cats and dogs and birds(in the past) but for some reason we can't keep fish,lol!
Hopefully you guys will have better luck!
Amy

Ben and Erin said...

I love how proud Ashlyn seems to be of her pretty fish. I'm sure the kids love looking at him. Clare is always fascinated by the fish in the tank at the shoe store we go too. We're going to wait awhile to get any of our own though. :)

Andrea Baker said...

what a beautiful fish. My oldest has one in her room.

Tag your it!! Head on over to my blog and see what this tag is all about!
http://andreabakerdesigns.com