Just thought I'd share a few noteworthy things about the kids (mostly so that I can "remember" later!)...
**Ashlyn knows her left and right. I'm STILL not good at it! Kyle always uses left and right with her when asking her to do things. I keep telling him, "she doesn't know which is her right hand" in exasperation. He responds with "well sure...not yet!" Lo and behold--now she does! Guess maybe he DOES know what he's doing ;)
**Maguire has started giving kisses this week. And as crazy as he is about his daddy, he only gives kisses to mommy. Absolutely melts my heart!!! Now...who knows how long I'll be his only girl, but for now I'm lovin' every minute of it!
**Mac doesn't say too many words yet, just a lot of grunting. He can say Dada, Mama, nana (banana), uh-uh. All of a sudden this week we started noticing that he's saying a three-word sentence! Every time he turns off a light, finishes brushing his teeth, gives me his cup, etc., he says "Ah-diddit!" Translation: I did it! I'm so impressed! I know a bunch of other kids his age are already speaking tons of words, but I was pretty excited to hear him go from hardly any single words to a 3-word sentence! And today I swear he blamed his sister for something LOL! I came downstairs to find that a bunch of pictures had been taken off of the side of the fridge. I asked Maguire if he had done it or if Ashlyn had done it. I'm positive (I think!) that he said "Assin diddit!" Cracked me up :) And later when I asked Ashlyn (the girl will tell on herself in a hearbeat, so I trust what she says) if she did it, she vehemently denied it. Not only is Maguire using sentences, but he's using them to lie and blame his sister already--HA HA!
**Not really a milestone or anything, but Maguire is becoming more and more of a monkey every day. He climbs on anything and everything that he can. We're constantly putting things (ride on toys, stools, boxes, etc.) up where he can't reach them because he'll use anything to climb up to "our level". The kid has no fear! He's been going down the stairs (backwards) for a while now. I think that it took Ashlyn 2 years to figure out how to do that! Maguire doesn't just walk anywhere, he RUNS! Yep...we're going to have our hands full and--I fear--a few trips to the ER with this boy!
**Ashlyn knows her left and right. I'm STILL not good at it! Kyle always uses left and right with her when asking her to do things. I keep telling him, "she doesn't know which is her right hand" in exasperation. He responds with "well sure...not yet!" Lo and behold--now she does! Guess maybe he DOES know what he's doing ;)
**Maguire has started giving kisses this week. And as crazy as he is about his daddy, he only gives kisses to mommy. Absolutely melts my heart!!! Now...who knows how long I'll be his only girl, but for now I'm lovin' every minute of it!
**Mac doesn't say too many words yet, just a lot of grunting. He can say Dada, Mama, nana (banana), uh-uh. All of a sudden this week we started noticing that he's saying a three-word sentence! Every time he turns off a light, finishes brushing his teeth, gives me his cup, etc., he says "Ah-diddit!" Translation: I did it! I'm so impressed! I know a bunch of other kids his age are already speaking tons of words, but I was pretty excited to hear him go from hardly any single words to a 3-word sentence! And today I swear he blamed his sister for something LOL! I came downstairs to find that a bunch of pictures had been taken off of the side of the fridge. I asked Maguire if he had done it or if Ashlyn had done it. I'm positive (I think!) that he said "Assin diddit!" Cracked me up :) And later when I asked Ashlyn (the girl will tell on herself in a hearbeat, so I trust what she says) if she did it, she vehemently denied it. Not only is Maguire using sentences, but he's using them to lie and blame his sister already--HA HA!
**Not really a milestone or anything, but Maguire is becoming more and more of a monkey every day. He climbs on anything and everything that he can. We're constantly putting things (ride on toys, stools, boxes, etc.) up where he can't reach them because he'll use anything to climb up to "our level". The kid has no fear! He's been going down the stairs (backwards) for a while now. I think that it took Ashlyn 2 years to figure out how to do that! Maguire doesn't just walk anywhere, he RUNS! Yep...we're going to have our hands full and--I fear--a few trips to the ER with this boy!
5 comments:
Makenna runs everywhere too - and same thing with the stairs. I call her a monkey all the time...
Love it girl!! They are growing fast aren't they? It is great to read your update girl!! I am missing you!!
Ben just learned his left and right too! :) I love how Maguire says Ashlyn's name..."Assin" :) I can't wait for Ben to have a brother or sister! Oh..and by the way...I just looked at your craft page...you are very talented! :)
I am on standby in the ER. HEE HEE
I am on standby in the ER . . . READY . . . HEE HEE.
Post a Comment