Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Takes me back

When I was in pre-school I had a good friend, Kristy, who went to school with me. Every day we'd go to either her house or mine for lunch after school. Every lunch was always the same: my mom ALWAYS made mac 'n' cheese, PB&J and Tang. Her mom ALWAYS made spaghettiOs, grilled cheese and chocolate milk. (No fruits or veggies?!) I already know that my kids love mac 'n' cheese and Maguire is crazy for peanut butter sandwiches (probably would love jelly too, but I don't like to risk the mess since he usually just carries them around while eating them). During a recent grocery shopping trip I picked up some alphabet and Dora shaped spaghettiOs for the kids, thinking they'd like the shapes. Today I made them spaghettiOs and, remembering my pre-school days at Kristy's, grilled cheese. I was so sure they'd love it as much as we girls did. Well...the grilled cheese was a hit and here's what they thought of the spaghettiOs!


I was attempting to take pics of the kids eating only half of my "memory meal". Ashlyn smiled like a pro for the first one

Then she noticed that Mac wasn't looking at me and said "Macky--look at Mommy!" He just smiled at her.

Maybe if she points he'll get the idea...nope he just smirked and pointed at her.

After a few more tries of telling him to look at Mommy, she SCREAMS it at him! He just smiles at her :)

3 comments:

C Emrick said...

Love the progression of shots. Sorry they didn't like the spaghetti o's.

Angela said...

They are just too cute! It's funny I remember eating either PB and J's OR mac and cheese at the baby sitters house...one or the other! To this day I can't stand the mac and cheese that you add the powder, milk and butter to...yuck! Way to many days spent at the babysitters house!!

Lee Anne said...

What is it with kids these days - mine won't eat spaghetti o's either!