Monday, April 07, 2008

Spring is here!!

Sunday was a beautiful day! It was so good to be outside and not be cold. We grilled out and ate lunch outside at the picnic table. But once Ashlyn heard the neighbor kids outside playing, so she ran next door and stayed there all afternoon. And Maguire took an extra long nap, so Kyle and I got some yard work done. Ok, so maybe I sat in one of the hammock chairs, read my book and watched my own personal lawn boy rake the yard :)
With a yard as big as ours is, the spring yardwork is pretty overwhelming, but Kyle's doing a great job getting it done little bit by little bit. And I actually do help ...and enjoy it!

Once Maguire woke up from his nap he was hungry so I set him on the deck steps to eat and watch Daddy. He stayed there without moving. Even when he was done and wanted more he just grunted until I figured out what was going on -- ha ha!

I really think that Maguire would live outside if we let him. The kid LIVES to be outside playing!


Papa and Mimia came over for dinner--so fun!

Three of my greatest loves!

We may not have the biggest or nicest house...and I often get strong cases of "house envy", but I wouldn't give up our property for anything! I sort of forget how much I love it when it's covered in snow, but once the weather turns nice and we can play outside, I LOVE IT! The kids have so much fun running around the yard, helping Daddy drag sticks to the fire pit, playing on the "playground", exploring the woods and so many other things! I love sitting in the hammock or one of the hammock chairs with a good book. I love sitting out by the fire and talking with Kyle after the kids are in bed. I love going for walks on the golf course with the kids, looking for golf balls. I love that our quiet little neighborhood is like a family...we look out for each other's kids and know that they'll get the same Christian values no matter which house they end up at. God has certainly blessed us! And...there's plenty of space to add on to our house in the future ;)

3 comments:

MP said...

abby
i didn't realize you had a blog for some reason. i am glad that i found it!! I love reading up on the kids they are adorable!!

MP said...

abby,

so if this comment shows twice..sorry! i didn't realize you had a blog. But somehow I found it. I love reading about the kids..they are so adorable!!

The Moser Fam... said...

Hi Abby - Thanks for your comment on my new blog! I've been stalking your blog for awhile now. Your kids are adorable! Have a great day! Ali :)